Julia Ann Ayers1,2
(24 December 1800 - 22 September 1889)
- Appears on the following charts:
- McCormick/Hamlin Ancestry
Julia Ann Ayers was born on 24 Dec 1800 in Vermont or Maine.1,2 She married Lott Smith, son of (—?—) Smith, circa 1835 in Vermont.3 She and Lott Smith lived in Cherry Grove, Fillmore County, Minnesota, in Jun 1857.3 She was a devout Baptist, according to her grandson Henry Hamlin.4 Julia was widowed by Lott's death on 20 Sep 1871 in Bloomfield, Fillmore County, Minnesota, of "congestion of the lung."1,5,6,2 She died on 22 Sep 1889 at age 88.2 She was buried in Etna Cemetery, Bloomfield Twp., Minnesota.2
Last Edited=January 13, 2008
Children of Julia Ann Ayers and Lott Smith
- "Reminiscences of Henry Fremont Hamlin", as told to daughter Myrtle Bennett, ed. by Herb Hamlin, The Pony Express, 14:163, Jan 1948, p. 3.
- Lott and Julia Smith grave markers, n.d., Received in correspondence from Steven Walker, Boone, Iowa., Copy held by DeAnna Burghart, Laguna Niguel, CA.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 3.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 4.
- Bloomfield Town Records?, unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- Died. Smith., Spring Valley Western Progress, Spring Valley, Minnesota, 27 Sep 1871, unk..