(19 August 1804 - 20 September 1871)
Lott Smith|b. 19 Aug 1804\nd. 20 Sep 1871|p834.htm|(—?—) Smith||||||||||||||||||
- Appears on the following charts:
- McCormick/Hamlin Ancestry
Lott Smith was born on 19 Aug 1804 in Vermont.2,3 He married Julia Ann Ayers circa 1835 in Vermont.1 He and Julia Ann Ayers lived in Cherry Grove, Fillmore County, Minnesota, in Jun 1857.1 He was a farmer.2 Grandson Henry Hamlin described Lot as "a very good natured man. During the winter months he used to walk 6 miles thru the blizzards to cut wood for his daughter...."4 He was a Universalist.5 He died on 20 Sep 1871 in Bloomfield, Fillmore County, Minnesota, at age 67 of "congestion of the lung."4,2,6,3 He was buried in Etna Cemetery, Bloomfield Twp., Minnesota.3
Last Edited=June 25, 2006
Children of Lott Smith and Julia Ann Ayers
- "Reminiscences of Henry Fremont Hamlin", as told to daughter Myrtle Bennett, ed. by Herb Hamlin, The Pony Express, 14:163, Jan 1948, p. 3.
- Bloomfield Town Records?, unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- Lott and Julia Smith grave markers, n.d., Received in correspondence from Steven Walker, Boone, Iowa., Copy held by DeAnna Burghart, Laguna Niguel, CA.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 3.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 4.
- Died. Smith., Spring Valley Western Progress, Spring Valley, Minnesota, 27 Sep 1871, unk..