(circa 1803 - 12 August 1875)
Abigail Stratton was born circa 1803 in Vermont or Maine.3,4,5 She married Simeon Hamlin circa 1830.1,2 She and Simeon Hamlin moved to in 1849 in Erie County, New York.6,7,2 Abigail was widowed by Simeon's death on 26 May 1857 in Cherry Grove, Fillmore County, Minnesota, just a few days after they arrived.1,8,2,5 She and Simeon Hamlin moved to in Cherry Grove, Fillmore County, Minnesota, in Jun 1857.1,6,7,2 "in section 8" (presumably of York Township) which she held for several years.8,2 She and John P. Hamlin left the farm and moved in with her son John P. Hamlin in Fillmore County, Minnesota, in 1864 his own farm in section 10 (of York Twp?).2 She died on 12 Aug 1875 in Fillmore County, Minnesota.2,5 She was buried in Spring Valley Cemetery, Spring Valley, Fillmore County, Minnesota.5
Last Edited=January 13, 2008
Children of Abigail Stratton and Simeon Hamlin
- "Reminiscences of Henry Fremont Hamlin", as told to daughter Myrtle Bennett, ed. by Herb Hamlin, The Pony Express, 14:163, Jan 1948, p. 3.
- Edward D. Niell, History of Fillmore County (Minneapolis, Minn.: Minnesota Historical, 1882) Microfilm no. 1000256, Item 1, FHL, Salt Lake City, Utah, p. 514. Hereinafter cited as 1882 History of Fillmore County.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 3, col. 1.
- Abigael Hamblin household, 1870 United States Census, Minnesota, Fillmore County, York Twp 101 R.12, Canfield P.O., dw 690, fam 670. Copy quality is fair, highly stylized handwriting, but legible. Lists Harvey, wife Sarah, son Wesley. Match based on location and dob of Wesley. In addition Harvey corresponds with name of Wesley's known eldest son: Louis Harvey. NARA. M653, roll 569.
- Hamlin Burials in Spring Valley Cemetery, n.d., Received in correspondence from Steven Walker, Boone, Iowa., Copy held by DeAnna Burghart, Laguna Niguel, CA.
- Summoned To Their Final Rest: Alonzo Hamlin, Spring Valley Mercury, Spring Valley, Minn., 2 May 1913, 1.
- Curtiss-Wedge et. al., History of Fillmore County, Minnesota (Tucson, Arizona: W.C. Cox, 1912) Microfilm no. 1000256, Items 2-3, FHL, Salt Lake City, Utah, p. 801. Hereinafter cited as 1912 History of Fillmore County.
- Edward D. Niell, 1882 History of Fillmore County, p. 510.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 3.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 5.