Emily Barsheba Sweet1
(2 May 1863 - 1921)
Emily Barsheba Sweet|b. 2 May 1863\nd. 1921|p30.htm|William Augustus Sweet|b. 12 Jan 1836\nd. 27 Jun 1886|p31.htm|Cordelia Ann Brown|b. 11 Aug 1845\nd. 8 May 1921|p32.htm|Enoch Sweet|b. c 1797|p33.htm|Emily Resco|b. 1801\nd. 4 Apr 1856|p34.htm|George L. Brown|b. 12 May 1820\nd. 20 Jan 1896|p35.htm|Barsheba A. Dumprope|b. 28 Sep 1822\nd. 1 May 1913|p36.htm|
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of Simeon Hamlin
Descendants of Enoch Sweet
Emily Barsheba Sweet was born on 2 May 1863 in Wisconsin.3,4,2 She married Henry Fremont Hamlin, son of Samuel Hamlin and Nancy Maria Smith, on 17 Aug 1881 in Boone County, Nebraska, whereupon they "built a sod house and took up housekeeping with pie tins for plates and ox horn spoons and ladles."5 She and Henry Fremont Hamlin lived in Anselmo, Custer County, Nebraska, circa May 1883 Henry took up a pre-emption claim there but was later driven out by drought.6,7,8 She lived between 1884 and 1888 Custer Co., NE.9 She and Henry Fremont Hamlin lived in Denver, Arapahoe County, Colorado, in Nov 1889. Henry and his family traveled there by covered wagon, taking three weeks for the journey.10,5,11 She and Henry Fremont Hamlin started a hand laundry circa Feb 1890 in Denver, Arapahoe County, Colorado, Later Henry partnered with another man to build the first steam laundry in Denver.8 She lived in 1900 2561 River Dr., Denver, Arapahoe Co., CO.12 She lived in 1904 Colorado, prob. Denver.13 She lived between 1911 and 1920 3390 W. 29th Ave., Denver, CO.14 Emily Barsheba died in Denver, Denver County, Colorado, in 1921.15
Last Edited=March 17, 2007
Children of Emily Barsheba Sweet and Henry Fremont Hamlin
- Unknown author, SS-5 Application for Cordelia M. Anderson (n.p.: n.pub., 21 Aug 1972).
- William Sweet household, 1880 United States Census, Wisconsin, Manitowoc County, Eaton, SD 4, ED 63, p. 31 (stamped p. 75), dw/fam 222. NARA. T9.
- Henry F. Hamlin household, 1920 United States Census, Colorado, Denver County, p. 5, Line 49. NARA. T625.
- William A. Sweet pension application file, #352045, cert. 267,182; Federal Pension and Bounty Land Warrant applications, Civil War and Later; Box 36648 (NARA: Washington, D.C.), Declaration for Original Pension of a Widow submitted by Cordelia A. Sweet dated 8 March 1886..
- Herb Hamlin, "Henry F. Hamlin", The Pony Express, 14:163, Dec 1947, p. 1.
- Lines 76-78, eldest children list Nebraska birthplace. household, 1900 United States Census, Colorado, Arapahoe County, unknown cd2. NARA. T623.
- Herb Hamlin, Henry F. Hamlin, p. 1.
- "Reminiscences of Henry Fremont Hamlin", as told to daughter Myrtle Bennett, ed. by Herb Hamlin, The Pony Express, 14:163, Jan 1948, p. 6.
- Residence indicated by birthdates/places of daughters. household, 1920, United States Census, Colorado, Denver County.
- Lines 79-80, youngest children list Colorado birthplace. household, 1900, United States Census, Colorado, Arapahoe County.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 6.
- Line 74 household, 1900, United States Census, Colorado, Arapahoe County.
- Son Raymond b. Colorado, approx. 1904. household, 1920, United States Census, Colorado, Denver County.
- 1910 census shows a different family at this address. household, 1920, United States Census, Colorado, Denver County.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 13.