Cordelia Maria Hamlin1
(6 September 1886 - September 1974)
Cordelia Maria Hamlin|b. 6 Sep 1886\nd. Sep 1974|p28.htm|Henry Fremont Hamlin|b. 16 Dec 1856\nd. a 1947|p29.htm|Emily Barsheba Sweet|b. 2 May 1863\nd. 1921|p30.htm|Samuel Hamlin|b. 2 Feb 1832\nd. 17 Aug 1864|p826.htm|Nancy M. Smith|b. 18 Feb 1837\nd. 22 Nov 1902|p827.htm|William A. Sweet|b. 12 Jan 1836\nd. 27 Jun 1886|p31.htm|Cordelia A. Brown|b. 11 Aug 1845\nd. 8 May 1921|p32.htm|
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of John B. Barrett
Descendants of George Louis Brown
Descendants of Simeon Hamlin
Descendants of Enoch Sweet
Cordelia Maria Hamlin was born on 6 Sep 1886 in near Cedar Rapids, Anselmo, Custer County, Nebraska.2,3,4,1 She won the beauty contest for the City of Denver and, later, the State of Colorado circa 1907 in Denver, Denver County, Colorado.5 She was a singer and actress in 1908 in Colorado.6 She christened the first steamboat built in Colorado, "The Frolic" on 17 Apr 1910 in Luna Park Lake, Denver, Denver County, Colorado.7 She married first Samuel Barret McCormick, son of Samuel Hugh McCormick and Florence Callie Barrett, before 1912.8 She and Samuel Barret McCormick were divorced circa 1920.9 She married second Arvid E. Anderson circa 1927.9 She produced plays from her Albin, WY home after her marriage and retirement from the stage after 1927.6 She and Arvid E. Anderson lived in Albin, Laramie County, Wyoming, in Jan 1948.10 Cordelia was widowed by Arvid's death before 21 Aug 1972 in Albin, Laramie County, Wyoming.1 Cordelia Maria died in Albin, Laramie County, Wyoming, in Sep 1974.
Last Edited=March 17, 2007
Children of Cordelia Maria Hamlin and Samuel Barret McCormick
- Emily Fern "Bunny" McCormick+ (25 Mar 1912 - c 25 May 1990)
- Jean Carol McCormick (additional info suppressed)
Child of Cordelia Maria Hamlin and Arvid E. Anderson
- Samuel Arvid Anderson (a 1927 - )11
- Unknown author, SS-5 Application for Cordelia M. Anderson (n.p.: n.pub., 21 Aug 1972).
- ED #128, Sheet 10, dwelling 221, family 236, line 78 household, 1900 United States Census, Colorado, Arapahoe County, unknown cd2. NARA. T623.
- Sheet 6B, dwelling 132, family 135, line 51 household, 1920 United States Census, Colorado, Denver County, unknown cd2. NARA. T625.
- "Reminiscences of Henry Fremont Hamlin", as told to daughter Myrtle Bennett, ed. by Herb Hamlin, The Pony Express, 14:163, Jan 1948, p. 6.
- Herb Hamlin, "Latter Day Saint Henry F. Hamlin (With Daughter and Granddaughter)", The Pony Express, 14:158, Jul 1947, 13.
- Herb Hamlin, "Colorado's Actress Deluxe", The Pony Express, Nov 1965, 10.
- Herb Hamlin, "Winner of Many Contests", The Pony Express, Nov 1965, 10.
- Sheet 6B, dwelling 132, family 135, line 51. household, 1920, United States Census, Colorado, Denver County.
- Bunny Spillman, Bunny Spillman to DeAnna Spillman (n.p.: n.pub., 1985), p. 2.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 13.
- Letter, Bunny Spillman to DeAnna Spillman, 1985, p. 1.