Samuel Barret McCormick
(16 August 1890 - September 1965)
Samuel Barret McCormick|b. 16 Aug 1890\nd. Sep 1965|p27.htm|Samuel Hugh McCormick|b. Jan 1856\nd. 12 Sep 1902|p39.htm|Florence Callie Barrett|b. Jan 1867\nd. 1951|p40.htm|||||||John B. Barrett|b. 12 Oct 1824\nd. 22 Oct 1892|p41.htm|Nannie H. o. M. (—?—)|b. c 1825\nd. between 2 Jun 1870 and 1 Jun 1880|p1152.htm|
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of John B. Barrett
Descendants of George Louis Brown
Descendants of Simeon Hamlin
Descendants of Enoch Sweet
Samuel Barret McCormick was born on 16 Aug 1890 in De Witt, Carroll County, Missouri.2,3,4,5 He was doing unspecified "newspaper work" at one of the local daily papers at the time.6 He lived in Colorado before 1912.7 He married first Cordelia Maria Hamlin, daughter of Henry Fremont Hamlin and Emily Barsheba Sweet, before 1912.8 He registered for the draft on 5 Jun 1917 in Precinct 7, 6th Ward, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, He claimed exemption on the grounds he was married.9 He was described as medium height and slender build, with blue eyes and light brown hair, when he registered for the draft on 5 Jun 1917. He was a Theatre Manager for the Circle Theatre Co. in Monument Place, Indianapolis on 5 Jun 1917 in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana.9 He lived in Hotel Washington, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, on 5 Jun 1917 The address may have been updated later, but the handwriting on the microfilm is too difficult to make out.9 He lived in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana, before Nov 1918 According to his daughter, Bunny, Sam owned or ran a theatre in downtown Indianapolis in 1918. In a letter she describes sitting on the roof of the theatre with her father's chauffer and watching the people in the streets celebrating the end of WW I.10 He and Cordelia Maria Hamlin were divorced circa 1920.11 He lived in New York City, New York, before 1930.11 He lived in Colorado in 1965.12 Samuel Barret died in Colorado in Sep 1965 at 75.12
Last Edited=January 13, 2008
Children of Samuel Barret McCormick and Cordelia Maria Hamlin
- Bunny Spillman, Bunny Spillman to DeAnna Spillman (n.p.: n.pub., 1985), p. 4.
- Sheet 204, line 3 household, 1900 United States Census, Missouri, Carroll County, unknown cd2. NARA. T623, roll 846.
- Sheet 6B, dwelling 132, family 135, line 54 household, 1920 United States Census, Colorado, Denver County, unknown cd2. NARA. T625.
- "Unknown article title", Record for S. McCormick, SSN 087-01-6788, Social Security Death Index: U.S., 1937-1998, online unknown url, printout dated 1999. Previously published in hard copy (n.p.: The Learning Co., Inc.).
- Letter, Bunny Spillman to DeAnna Spillman, 1985, p. 4.
- Flora C. McCormick household, 1910 United States Census, Colorado, Denver County, Denver, Precinct 7, sheet 7A, dw 65, fam 164. NARA. T624.
- Letter, Bunny Spillman to DeAnna Spillman, 1985.
- Sheet 6B, dwelling 132, family 135, line 51. household, 1920, United States Census, Colorado, Denver County.
- Ancestry.com. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-18 [database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com 2002. NARA film no. M1509. First registration, Indianapolis, Indiana Board, Precinct 7, 6th ward, number 1683.
- Letter, Bunny Spillman to DeAnna Spillman, 1985, p. 1.
- Letter, Bunny Spillman to DeAnna Spillman, 1985, p. 2.
- SSDI 1999 ed., online, Record for S. McCormick, SSN 087-01-6788.