John G. Hamlin1,2
(15 October 1863 - 1 April 1948)
John G. Hamlin|b. 15 Oct 1863\nd. 1 Apr 1948|p1401.htm|Alonzo Hamlin|b. 2 Feb 1830\nd. 26 Apr 1913|p830.htm|Naomi Carpenter|b. c 1831\nd. 10 Sep 1869||Simeon Hamlin|b. 4 Apr 1769\nd. 26 May 1857|p828.htm|Abigail Stratton|b. c 1803\nd. 12 Aug 1875|p829.htm|||||||
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of Simeon Hamlin
John G. Hamlin was born on 15 Oct 1863 in Forestville Twp., Fillmore County, Minnesota.1,3,4 He married, at age 20, Grace L. Baldwin on 10 Dec 1883 .3 He was with his father Alonzo in Spring Valley, Fillmore County, Minnesota, when Alonzo Hamlin died on 26 Apr 1913.2,5 He lived in Spring Valley, Fillmore County, Minnesota, on 2 May 1913 in or near.2 John G. died in Spring Valley, Fillmore county, Minnesota, on 1 Apr 1948 at 84 at his home.3,5 He was buried in Spring Valley Cemetery, Spring Valley, Fillmore County, Minnesota.3,5
Last Edited=June 25, 2006
Children of John G. Hamlin
- Alonzo Hamblin household, 1870 United States Census, Minnesota, Fillmore County, York Twp 101 R.12, Canfield P.O., dw 691, fam 671. Copy quality is fair, highly stylized handwriting, but legible. Lists Harvey, wife Sarah, son Wesley. Match based on location and dob of Wesley. In addition Harvey corresponds with name of Wesley's known eldest son: Louis Harvey. NARA. M653, roll 569.
- Summoned To Their Final Rest: Alonzo Hamlin, Spring Valley Mercury, Spring Valley, Minn., 2 May 1913, 1.
- John G. Hamlin of Spring Valley Dies, Wykoff Enterprise, Minn., 9 April 1948, p. unk..
- Hamlin Burials in Cherry Grove Community Cemetery, n.d., Received in correspondence from Steven Walker, Boone, Iowa., Copy held by DeAnna Burghart, Laguna Niguel, CA.
- Hamlin Burials in Spring Valley Cemetery, n.d., Received in correspondence from Steven Walker, Boone, Iowa., Copy held by DeAnna Burghart, Laguna Niguel, CA.
- "Reminiscences of Henry Fremont Hamlin", as told to daughter Myrtle Bennett, ed. by Herb Hamlin, The Pony Express, 14:163, Jan 1948, p. 5.
- Henry F. Hamlin, Reminiscences of Henry Hamlin, p. 5.