(19 July 1856 - 28 November 1929)
Francis Hamlin|b. 19 Jul 1856\nd. 28 Nov 1929|p1400.htm|Alonzo Hamlin|b. 2 Feb 1830\nd. 26 Apr 1913|p830.htm|Naomi Carpenter|b. c 1831\nd. 10 Sep 1869||Simeon Hamlin|b. 4 Apr 1769\nd. 26 May 1857|p828.htm|Abigail Stratton|b. c 1803\nd. 12 Aug 1875|p829.htm|||||||
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of Simeon Hamlin
Francis Hamlin was born on 19 Jul 1856 in Erie County, New York.1,2 Commonly known as Frank, he spent "a very quiet life on the home farm with his parents" for most of his life, due to his unspecified "poor health."2,3 He was with his father Alonzo in Spring Valley, Fillmore County, Minnesota, when Alonzo died on 26 Apr 1913.4,5 In 1925 after the death of his step-mother, the farm apparently changed hands. The new owners, however, must have been family or close friends, for Francis spent the remainder of his years "at the home of Mr. and Mrs. James Richards on the farm that was his home for many years."2 He died on 28 Nov 1929 in Fillmore County, Minnesota, at age 73.2 He was buried in Spring Valley Cemetery, Spring Valley, Fillmore County, Minnesota, following funeral services at the Richards' home.2
Last Edited=June 25, 2006
- Alonzo Hamblin household, 1870 United States Census, Minnesota, Fillmore County, York Twp 101 R.12, Canfield P.O., dw 691, fam 671. Copy quality is fair, highly stylized handwriting, but legible. Lists Harvey, wife Sarah, son Wesley. Match based on location and dob of Wesley. In addition Harvey corresponds with name of Wesley's known eldest son: Louis Harvey. NARA. M653, roll 569.
- Frank Hamlin, Sun, pub unk., Minn., date unk, prob. c. May 1913, p. unk..
- Curtiss-Wedge et. al., History of Fillmore County, Minnesota (Tucson, Arizona: W.C. Cox, 1912) Microfilm no. 1000256, Items 2-3, FHL, Salt Lake City, Utah, p. 801. Hereinafter cited as 1912 History of Fillmore County.
- Summoned To Their Final Rest: Alonzo Hamlin, Spring Valley Mercury, Spring Valley, Minn., 2 May 1913, 1.
- Hamlin Burials in Spring Valley Cemetery, n.d., Received in correspondence from Steven Walker, Boone, Iowa., Copy held by DeAnna Burghart, Laguna Niguel, CA.