Charles Edward Hamlin1,2,3
(circa 1852 - before 28 November 1929)
Charles Edward Hamlin|b. c 1852\nd. b 28 Nov 1929|p1398.htm|Alonzo Hamlin|b. 2 Feb 1830\nd. 26 Apr 1913|p830.htm|Naomi Carpenter|b. c 1831\nd. 10 Sep 1869||Simeon Hamlin|b. 4 Apr 1769\nd. 26 May 1857|p828.htm|Abigail Stratton|b. c 1803\nd. 12 Aug 1875|p829.htm|||||||
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of Simeon Hamlin
Charles Edward Hamlin was born circa 1852 in New York.1 He was not with his father Alonzo in Spring Valley, Fillmore County, Minnesota, when Alonzo Hamlin died on 26 Apr 1913. According to Alonzo's obituary in the Spring Valley Mercury, he was "confined to his bed but three days," so the rapid decline of his health probably made it impossible for Charles Edward to get there from Los Angeles in time. Whether this was simply an unfortunate fact of life or the result of an estrangement is not known.2,4 He lived in Los Angeles, California, on 2 May 1913.2 He died before 28 Nov 1929.5
Last Edited=June 25, 2006
- Alonzo Hamblin household, 1870 United States Census, Minnesota, Fillmore County, York Twp 101 R.12, Canfield P.O., dw 691, fam 671. Copy quality is fair, highly stylized handwriting, but legible. Lists Harvey, wife Sarah, son Wesley. Match based on location and dob of Wesley. In addition Harvey corresponds with name of Wesley's known eldest son: Louis Harvey. NARA. M653, roll 569.
- Summoned To Their Final Rest: Alonzo Hamlin, Spring Valley Mercury, Spring Valley, Minn., 2 May 1913, 1.
- Curtiss-Wedge et. al., History of Fillmore County, Minnesota (Tucson, Arizona: W.C. Cox, 1912) Microfilm no. 1000256, Items 2-3, FHL, Salt Lake City, Utah, p. 801. Hereinafter cited as 1912 History of Fillmore County.
- Hamlin Burials in Spring Valley Cemetery, n.d., Received in correspondence from Steven Walker, Boone, Iowa., Copy held by DeAnna Burghart, Laguna Niguel, CA.
- Frank Hamlin, Sun, pub unk., Minn., date unk, prob. c. May 1913, p. unk..